Happy Monday peeps! How was your weekend? Here in good ole blighty it’s been pretty grey. So much for summer!
Anyway, today’s post is on money! More specifically how to save and be more savvy with your coins 😉
Now first off, I’m not a financial advisor or an expert, these are just tips I’ve picked up over the years and just from trial and error. Hope you find it useful and please share in the comments below any tips of your own.
1. Don’t be brand loyal. If you can find a better deal elsewhere for equal or better quality then please switch. This is true for credit cards, bank accounts, supermarkets etc.
2. Use cashback websites. I use Quidco and have received money back on grocery shopping and take away. The one thing I would say is not to expect your money back straightaway and you have to remember to access the site first before you start shopping.
3. Discount codes and vouchers. LOVE IT! There are lots of websites out there you can search for a code or voucher. The website Money Saving Expert is really handy as they do the hard work for you and provide info on what’s available.
4. Really simple one but don’t live above your means. I think that’s pretty self explanatory.
5. Don’t be abusive to your credit card. It’s so tempting to pull the credit card out and splurge, especially if it’s something you have a weakness for (mine is shoes). Try to use cash/debit card more so it becomes a habit.
6. Pay yourself first. Meaning, put at least 10% of your income into a savings account. The months you have extra, you can add more into your savings. There are various ways of saving so find what works for you and your life style.
7. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your savings portfolio so you have short-term, mid-term and long-term investments.
8. Let quality over quantity be your mantra. Look at the item you’re purchasing and ask yourself how often you will be using it? Don’t fall into the false economy trap.
Thanks for reading and commenting. Until next time have a fab day! 🙂